Virginia Tech Hokie Wellness Champions are employee volunteers that are instrumental in supporting Hokie Wellness by promoting well-being programs to departments, colleagues, and friends on campus.
Our goal is to create a group that represents our expansive and diverse Virginia Tech community. Any Virginia Tech employee is invited to submit an application to become a Wellness Champion. Employees interested in becoming Champions must have a passion for wellness, be willing to volunteer their time and have approval and support from their supervisor.
Wellness Champions Benefits
- Embody Ut Prosim (That I May Serve) by serving as a leader of well-being initiatives within individual departments Facilitate personal growth and development.
- Gain experience planning, creating, and implementing well-being initiatives within individual departments.
- Gain knowledge and build community through collaboration with other Wellness Champion.
- Receive professional training, assistance, and support from the Hokie Wellness team including individual support as often as you like.
- Receive advance news related to Hokie Wellness events and activities.
Wellness Champions Requirements
- Attend a yearly half day kickoff training.
- Commit a minimum of 2 hours a month to promote wellness in your department and beyond.
- Participate in a 1 hour meeting every other month to touch base and receive ongoing wellness education.
- Complete a brief form explaining your wellness promotion activities prior to each meeting.
How to Join
Applications open in August and close mid September each year. Check back here to apply during that time or contact email@example.com if you would like to become involved sooner.