Healthy Meetings and Communication
Hokie Wellness is here to help with anything from active listening to creating healthier meetings. Set up an appointment here to talk more about how we can support your team.
The Healthy Meeting Guide is a tool designed to help campus event planners make the healthy choice the easy choice for every Hokie.
VT Healthy Meeting Guide.pdf
Workshops and Trainings
- Mindful Meeting workshop: The intention of a mindful meeting is to create the conditions that allow for focused attention, thoughtful responses, deeper connection between participants, and to foster emotionally intelligent participation. Gain insight into how to hold your own mindful meeting.
- "Improv" Your Communication workshops explore the benefits of learning the foundational aspects of improvisation, and how those skills can be used to enhance communication in both personal and professional environments.
- The Talent Development team’s Building Blocks for Managers series includes online modules and articles geared toward developing stronger communication skills:
- 10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation
- Use Internal Communications to Execute a Winning Strategy
- Leadership Through Feedback
- How Leaders Can Communicate Change to a Burned-Out Workforce
- The Talent Development team’s Leadership Essentials program is designed to provide meaningful, relevant, and practical knowledge, skills, and abilities to help new supervisors be on the fast track to success.