Want to work with us? Take a look at our available offerings below.
APPLY TO BE A MARKETING ASSISTANT WITH HOKIE WELLNESS!
Gain valuable design and marketing experience while supporting the health and wellness of fellow Hokies! Opportunities for experience in: graphic design, web design, video production, photography, social media management, and more.
The student Marketing Assistant position within Hokie Wellness serves and collaborates with the Hokie Wellness team to create strategic health and wellness messaging for the Virginia Tech community. This position is open to undergraduate and graduate students.
Marketing Assistant responsibilities include:
- Working with the marketing team (Assistant Director and student marketing staff) to promote Hokie Wellness’ services to the larger campus community.
- Working with staff to develop effective and engaging media for departmental campaigns, awareness weeks, outreach, and events.
- Using creative media (such as graphic design, videos, social media, web, etc.) reach students around topic areas within Hokie Wellness. Some of these topics include mental health, nutrition, body image, sleep, alcohol and substance misuse, and financial wellness.
- Based on the applicant's skillset, the Marketing Assistant could assist with any or all of the following:
- Designing print media (posters, flyers, table cards, etc.)
- Maintaining Hokie Wellness website content
- Video editing
- Developing content for social media
While some roles of the Assistant will be determined by skillset of applicant, the following are
- Current student enrolled at Virginia Tech through at least the fall semester of 2022.
- Experience in design (graphic and/or web). Graphic design experience requires familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, and if applicable, web experience requires basic knowledge of HTML/CSS, through coursework or in a professional setting.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Interest in supporting health and wellness initiatives on campus.
- Applicants with both graphic design and website experience/knowledge.
- Past experience in one of these areas through a job/internship, student organization, or another university department.
- Pay is $11 per hour, and Hokie Wellness’ Marketing Assistants typically work around 10 hours per week.
- Position will begin in fall 2021.
- Hours for this position are not fixed, and are flexible during Hokie Wellness' normal business hours, M-F, 8am-5pm.
- We will accept applications through April 30th. However, review will begin upon receipt of completed application, and early submissions is preferred if possible.