Hokie Wellness wants to help students live well. Participants can use this Hokies Live Well Tracking Log to keep track of their Hokies Live Well activities. Completed tracking logs can be turned in by emailing a scan, or photograph of this sheet from April 16-18, 2018 to email@example.com. We can not accept tracking logs before April 16th.
The first 100 participants who complete 12 different activities, a minimum of three from each category, will receive a free stainless steel tumbler. The tumblers can be picked up at the Hokie Wellness table at the "Finals Extravaganza" event on May 2 from 10am-2pm on the drillfield. Tumblers will be mailed to extended campus participants.*
Hokies Live Well Components
Get up and moving. Aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity most days of the week. Exercise has a profound positive effect on physical health, mental health, sleep and overall well-being.
- Attend a Group Fitness Class.
- Go for a hike.
- Participate in a 5k, 10k, half-marathon, or marathon.
It is important to fuel our bodies well in order to increase our energy and enjoy our lives to the fullest.
- Visit a farmer's market or farm stand.
- Eat breakfast every day for one month.
- Make half of your plate fruits and vegetables for five days.
Schoolwork, social life, and college in general can be demanding, both mentally and physically. It is important to take the time to enjoy life and manage stress properly. Relaxation helps reduce stress levels and can improve both mental and physical health.
- Attend a Hokie Wellness Mindfulness Class
- Meditate for ten minutes daily for one week.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night for one week.
- Unplug from all electronics for one hour everyday.
Taking care of yourself in all aspects of life translates into improved health and overall well-being.
- Attend a Healthy Hokie Workshop.
- Refer a friend to participate in Hokies Live Well with you.
- Volunteer in the community.
Step 1: Sign-up on the Hokies Live Well Online Form.
Step 2: Print a Hokies Live Well Tracking Log.
Step 3: Get started living well by participating in or attending activities listed on the tracking log.
Step 4: Turn in a completed tracking log. Completed tracking logs can be turned in by emailing a photograph or scan of this sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org from April 16-18.
Have a Happy Semester!
Hokie Wellness for Students