Coming Spring 2018
Hokie Wellness wants to help students live well. Participants can use this check list (coming soon) to keep track of their Hokies Live Well activities. Completed tracking logs can be turned in April 16-18 in Mccomas 197. Extended campus participants should email their tracking log to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 18.
Participants are encouraged to keep track of all activities throughout the semester. Those who complete 12 different activities, a minimum of three from each category, will receive a free Hokies Live Well PRIZE. PRIZE can be picked up at the Finals Extravaganza Event Wednesday, May 2 from 10am-2pm on the drillfield. PRIZE will be mailed to extended campus participants.
Hokies Live Well Components
Get up and moving. Aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity most days of the week. Exercise has a profound positive effect on physical health, mental health, sleep and overall well-being.
- Attend a Group Fitness Class.
- Go for a hike.
- Participate in a 5k, 10k, half-marathon, or marathon.
It is important to fuel our bodies well in order to increase our energy and enjoy our lives to the fullest.
- Track your food intake for one week.
- Eat breakfast everyday for one month.
- Make half of your plate fruits and vegetables for five days.
Schoolwork, social life, and college in general can be demanding, both mentally and physically. It is important to take the time to enjoy life and manage stress properly. Relaxation helps reduce stress levels and can improve both mental and physical health.
- Attend a Hokie Wellness Mindfulness Class
- Meditate for ten minutes daily for one week.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night for one week.
- Unplug from all electronics for one hour everyday.
Taking care of yourself in all aspects of life translates into improved health and overall well-being.
- Attend a Healthy Hokie Workshop.
- Refer a friend to participate in Hokies Live Well.
- Volunteer in the community.
Step 1: Register for Hokies Live Well online (coming soon).
Step 2: Print out a Hokies Live Well tracking log (coming soon).
Step 3: Get started living well by participating in or attending activities listed on the tracking log.
Step 4: Turn in a completed tracking log (coming soon). Completed tracking logs can be turned in April 16-18 in Mccomas 197. Extended campus participants should email their tracking log to email@example.com by April 18.