Definition of Tobacco-Free
In order to participate in the Tobacco-Free Hokies T-shirt Campaign, all participants must be smoke, tobacco, and nicotine free. For simplicity we refer to all of these as "tobacco-free."
If you do any of the following, you are NOT "Tobacco-Free"
- Smoke cigarettes
- Vape (smoke) e-cigarettes or e-devices
- Smoke "only when you drink"
- Only smoke "on the weekends"
- Only smoke "socially"
- Only smoke "one or two"
- Dip, chew, chaw, snuff, pinch
- Smoke HOOKAH
- Smoke cigars
- Smoke pipes
- Smoke cloves or bidis
- Smoke marijuana/cannabis or cannabinoid products
- Smoke/use heroin, cocaine, crack or crystal meth
If you DO NOT do any of the above - regularly, occasionally, or recently - you ARE "tobacco-free."
TFH T-Shirts are Coming on October 11 and 12, 2016!
Hokie Wellness for Students and the Health Education and Awareness Team (HEAT) are offering online sign-ups this year for the Tobacco-Free Hokies T-shirt distribution. We are also offering premium model shirts again this semester (good while supplies last). As always, we will have a wide variety of colors, sizes, and sayings.
How to use the TFH Online Sign-up system
- Only VT Students are eligible.
- VT Students who receive a TFH T-shirt in the fall of 2016, may NOT get another one at this distribution (you can not get more than 1 per semester)
- Like our page Facebook.com/VTTobaccoFreeHokies
- We will open registration in Sept 2016. This will be the link. Register for a "Time Slot" to get your shirt.
Time Slots and T-Shirt Distribution Day
- Shirts are distributed by Hokie Wellness in our offices in McComas Hall. You will receive specific location information by email. On the day that we distribute TFH T-shirts, you get in line during your time slot. In rare cases, you may have to wait longer than your official “time slot.” On average, it takes 5-15 minutes to get a shirt considering the time you go through the distribution process. If you have to get to work or class shortly after the time slot, you should probably reconsider when you are signing up.
- Bring your Hokie Passport. You may not send a friend to pick up your t-shirt. You need to attend in person.
- We reserve the right to refuse giving t-shirts to anyone we feel does not meet, or is not meeting, requirements of this promotion
What if you are not a currently enrolled Virginia Tech student?
Programs for VT Employees
You must be a current Virginia Tech Student to get a TFH shirt during THIS distribution. BUT, if you are not a current student, you can still: like our Facebook page and keep up with the campaign.
If are part of a Virginia Tech department and would like a special TFH group presentation (complete with t-shirt distribution), please call Jon at 540-231-1874.