In today’s world, many challenges face parents. The Hokie Wellness Parenting Series is a way to help parents navigate some of today’s most difficult parenting topics. Each 90-minute session is held during the lunch hour.
Experts in the field present on a different topic each month including:
- Mindful Parenting
- Cyber Security and Safety
- Body Image for Our Children
- Substance Abuse
- Sex and Healthy Relationships
- Teen Depression and Anxiety
- Healthy Discipline Strategies
- First Aid for the Summer
- Emotion Coaching and Emotional Intelligence
- An additional offering, in partnership with Julie Dunsmore, faculty with the Department of Psychology, is Tuning into Kids: Emotionally Intelligent Parenting. The 8-week course is offered for parents or caregivers of children 4-12 years old and 11-16 years of age.