Virginia Tech Hokie Wellness Champions are employee volunteers that are instrumental in supporting Hokie Wellness by promoting well-being programs to departments, colleagues, and friends on campus. Our goal is to create a group that represents our expansive and diverse Virginia Tech community.
Any Virginia Tech employee is invited to submit an application to become a Wellness Champion. Employees interested in becoming Champions must have a passion for wellness, be willing to volunteer their time and have approval and support from their supervisor.
The benefits of being a Wellness Advocate include:
- Embody Ut Prosim (That I May Serve) by serving as a leader of well-being initiatives within individual departments
- Facilitate personal growth and development
- Gain experience planning, creating, and implementing well-being initiatives within individual departments
- Gain knowledge and build community through collaboration with other Wellness Advocates
- Receive professional training, assistance, and support from the Hokie Wellness team to include a yearly one-on-one planning session
- Opportunity to apply for wellness program funding for individual departments
- Receive advance news related to Hokie Wellness events and activities
Wellness Champions will be required to:
- Commit 2-3 hours per month to promoting well-being to their respective departments as well as promoting Hokie Wellness programs.
- Present a wellness topic at staff or team meetings a minimum of once a month.
- Maintain a monthly log of activities.
- Volunteer at two Hokie Wellness events quarterly.
- Obtain supervisor approval and support.