Body Matters Project is a Hokie Wellness campus-wide program to promote positive body image & overall physical and emotional wellness at Virginia Tech. Programs offered include speakers, academic classroom presentations, social media promotions, Body Project Photo Booths, Body Project Workshop Series (for non-sorority and sorority women), and Body Matters Week. The project focuses on preventing body issues and eating disorders - with realistic approaches to nutrition, exercise, self-esteem, and overall wellness. Numerous campus departments, student organizations, and community groups participate in the Body Matters Project.
Current Body Matters Project Services
- Body Matters Week 2017 Event Calendar!
- Body Project Workshop Series -
- non-sorority women - Spring 2017 Wellness Workshops
- for sorority women - Spring 2017 Body Project Workshops for Sorority Women
- VT Body Project Facebook Page
- HEART (Healthy Eating Assessment and Referral Team) - for disordered eating help call 540-231-6445
- Classroom Presentation - email to healthed.
- Nutrition Services at Virginia Tech
Leadership for the Body Matters Project is provided by Hokie Wellness. Collaborating departments include Cook Counseling Center, Women's Center, Recreational Sports, HNFE, and Division of Student Affairs.