Hokie Wellness wants to help employees live well. Participants can use this check list to keep track of their Hokies Live Well activities. Completed tracking logs can be turned in on Dec. 14 at North End Center (suite 2300) from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. or on Dec. 15 at McComas Hall (room 194) from 12-5 p.m. Extended campus participants should email their tracking log to firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 15.
Participants are encouraged to keep track of all activities throughout the semester. Those who complete 12 different activities, a minimum of three from each category, will receive a free Hokies Live Well stainless soup thermos. Thermoses can be picked up at the Employee Health and Benefits Fair on Jan. 10. Thermoses will be mailed to extended campus participants.
Hokies Live Well Components
Get up and moving. Aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity most days of the week. Exercise has a profound positive effect on physical health, mental health, sleep and overall well-being.
- Attend a weekly Tuesday walking loop meet-up.
- Go for a hike.
- Stretch 10 minutes daily for five days.
It is important to fuel our bodies well in order to increase our energy and enjoy our lives to the fullest.
- Attend a cooking class.
- Meet with a registered dietitian.
- Make half of your plate fruits and vegetables for five days.
Work and home life can be demanding, both mentally and physically. It is important to take the time to enjoy life and manage stress properly. Relaxation helps reduce stress levels and can improve both mental and physical health.
- Meditate for five minutes daily for five days.
- Plan a picnic in the park.
- Attend a mindfulness training.
Taking care of yourself in all aspects of life translates into improved health and overall well-being.
- Request the student list from Hokie Wellness for help with yard work, childcare, or pet-sitting services
- Refer a friend to participate in Hokies Live Well.
- Post a #hokieslivewell photo to the Hokie Wellness Facebook page
Step 1: Register for Hokies Live Well online.
Step 3: Get started living well by participating in or attending activities listed on the tracking log.
Step 4: Turn in a completed tracking log. Completed tracking logs can be turned in on Dec. 14 at North End Center (suite 2300) from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. or on Dec. 15 at McComas Hall (room 194) from 12-5 p.m. Extended campus participants should email their tracking log to email@example.com by Dec. 15.