Date: Wednesday, Jan. 11
Time: 7:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
Location: Virginia Tech McComas Hall, 895 Washington St., SW, Blacksburg, VA 24061
Event Day Check-In Procedures
- Check-in: Upon arrival, stop by the Hokie Wellness table in McComas Hall to receive a parking pass, lunch ticket(s), booth location/map, and schedule of activities.
- Parking: Parking is available in the Coliseum Lot on the corner of Washington Street and Beamer Way, across from Cassell Coliseum. A parking pass will be available at the Hokie Wellness table in McComas Hall upon check-in.
- Unloading area: Materials may be unloaded at the west side of McComas Hall in between the Greenhouse (#124 on campus map) and McComas Hall (#191 on map) during set-up hours listed below. Permanent parking is not available in the unloading area.
- Set-up: Early set up is available on Tuesday, Jan. 10 from 3–5 p.m. Set up on the day of the event begins Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 7 a.m. Please do not tear down until after 3 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Exhibitors area: The main area for exhibitors will be in the McComas Hall gyms. A table and two chairs will be provided (unless prior arrangements have been made with Hokie Wellness). Please note the table will not be skirted. If electrical outlets are needed, contact Hokie Wellness as soon as possible, otherwise electricity is not guaranteed. If electricity is required, please make sure to bring power strips and extension cords.
- Internet/wi-fi set-up: For wi-fi access, make sure to fill out the request online as soon as possible. Select Human Resources as the sponsoring department to ensure the request is received by our liaison, Stacey Poertner.
- Hospitality area: The McComas Hall classroom will be set up with coffee, drinks, and fruit for exhibitors and volunteers.
- Lunch: Lunch tickets will be distributed at check-in and lunch is split into three time slots: 11 a.m.-12 p.m., 12-1 p.m., and 1-2 p.m. The new Virginia Tech Dining Services' food trucks, The Periodic Table and The Grillfield, will be onsite from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. and your $6 pre-loaded lunch ticket will allow you to pick-up your lunch from the truck of your choice during your allotted time slot.
- Inclement weather: If the university is closed due to inclement weather on Wed., Jan. 11, the Hokie Wellness Health and Benefits Fair will be rescheduled for Thursday, Jan. 12. A decision to postpone the fair will be made by Tuesday, Jan. 10, at noon if necessary. The best resource for the latest campus news is the Virginia Tech website.
- Exhibitor raffle donation: To clarify any confusion regarding a statement on the Exhibitor Agreement regarding a gift basket or raffle item, please note that providing the referenced item is not a mandatory requirement for participation in the fair. In fact, gifts and raffles for public employees are not encouraged due to ethical concerns. Please feel free to provide traditional, smaller marketing items you may have of de minimus value, such as key-rings, mousepads, etc.
Hokie Wellness Locations
195 McComas Hall (0140)
895 Washington Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061
North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318)
300 Turner St., NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061